Diolaze Laser Hair Reduction Treatments
Diolaze is the new champion of speed in the laser hair removal arena. Diolaze is the FIRST laser to combine high peak power, optimal pulsing and the largest spot size simultaneously in the same session. Diode scanning technology and built in safe guards provide a unique combination of high tech sophistication with efficacy and safety.
Diolaze uses gold standard diode laser to deliver high power and fast pulsing laser hair removal for skin types I to IV. It has one of the largest spot sizes with Pre, Parallel and Post cooling, making treatments extremely fast and very comfortable.
Number of Laser Hair Treatments Required
Lasers can only treat the hair follicles that are actively growing. At any given time, only 20-30% of your follicles are active, which is why repeat treatments are needed. Most clients need four to six treatments. The number of treatments you’ll need will depend on the thickness of your hair, skin color hair color and how much hair you want removed. It is necessary to wait four to six weeks in between treatments to ensure that the next group of follicles is active.
Laser Hair Reduction – Smooth Skin Wanted!
Laser hair reduction is the only way to permanently remove unwanted hair. With each treatment, significantly less hair grows back, resulting in permanent hair reduction. Once a follicle has been treated, hair will never grow back from that follicle again. You never have to shave, pluck or tweeze that particular hair again. However, maintenance treatments may be needed when inactive follicles become active.
What to Expect
- After an initial assessment of from our Medical Director, our licensed laser technician will review your complete medical history and be sure you are a good candidate for laser hair reduction treatments.
- We will determine your skin type based on the Fitzpatrick scale in order to determine the accurate laser settings.
- While lying on one of Simplicity extra wide, heated reclining treatment bed your technician will clean the area to be treated.
- Your Technician will then apply a gel (similar in feel to ultrasound gel) to the area to be treated.
- The tip of the laser will be placed on the surface of your skin. A cooling tip at the end of the laser cools the epidermis (outer layer of the skin). The laser light energy penetrates through the surface of the skin and is absorbed at the base of the hair follicle. As the laser fires, you will feel a sensation similar to a tingling electrical sensation on the skin.
- Once the area has been treated your laser technician will clean off the remaining gel and apply topical calming cream to your skin. Sun screen will also be applied before you leave the spa.
- Most clients note a minor redness and swelling at the treated site. This can last a few hours to a couple of days. Cool compresses can soothe any discomfort.